Thursday, August 27, 2009

ELF Luscious Liquid Lipstick - Pink Lemonade

ELF or EyesLipsFace is a cosmetics line from US which offers cosmetics starting from USD1 and up. That's roughly RM4 here. However, with the cost of international and local shipping, the price of the product is more expensive.

I remember paying RM 10 for this Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Pink Lemonade. Its packaging is similar to Stila's Gloss but of course with less product (and cheaper). Note that the pic above was taken after I've used it for some time so the product is less.

It was my first time having this kind of applicator where you have to twist till it clicks a few times to get the product out. The tip has a few holes and is covered by a sponge. The cap is a tight cover that won't come out in your makeup pouch.

Okay, this lipstick is actually more like lipgloss to me. Its light and a bit shimmery. Not like a liquid lipstick. I think the Stila lipgloss is more thicker than this. Anyway, the lipstick smells quite okay. The website says Vanilla mint but to me it has a light mint smell. It has no taste - which is good because some lip stuff can taste yucky.

It feels a bit tingly on my lips - not too sure if its the mint or not - which adds a slight plumping effect. The colour is really nice, a light pinkish tint with slight shimmer. Its not too dark which makes it great for a light day use. But because its more like gloss than lipstick, you might hv to reapply it if you're using it for long hours

One thing I don't like was that sometimes, esp when its hot, i find that some of the product oozes out at the tip. But all in all, I really like it because its in a convenient and slim package.

What I LIKE
- Cheap
- Nice smell
- Good for light makeup
- Slight plumping
- Nice colour

What I Don't Like
- Sometimes product oozes out
- Doesn't last long

Purchasing : I bought this from sgdrugstore in Lowyat.Net forum. This is the LINK to his profile where you can see his posts and msg him

Note : Do remember that if you're buying cosmetics online, it might not be true to colour. The pic below shows what Pink Lemonade looks like in their website.
Pic from ELF Liquid Lipstick website HERE

No comments: