Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Splurge : Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup SPF10

EL SIP Foundation

After the Missha Liquid Foundation, I was determined to find the perfect liquid foundation shade for my skin. The problem with my skin is that I have uneven skin tone. My chin area is darker than other areas of my face, i have pimple scars and fresh ones ( ie, red and ugly ). So one fine day after class, my sister dragged me to KLCC's Estee Lauder counter. She wanted to get their Blockbuster set which required a min of RM250 spent on products, to purchase the set for RM220.

The beauty advisor was a nice lady who was very helpful. I wanted something with heavy coverage because I was so obssessed with addressing my uneven skintone, so she recommended this particular foundation. She applied it and was explaining abt what to do to achieve flawlessness.

Tip 1: Exfoliate regularly ( IMPORTANT STEP ) to ensure the skin is not clogged with dead skin cells etc.

Tip 2: Always moisturize first before foundation so that the foundation adheres better.

Tip 3: DONT forget to apply on the neck also!

Tip 4: MUST use loose powder after foundation to set the foundation and avoiding it from melting.

I must say that this foundation made my skin looked so flawless! No doubt it is abit heavy, I would use this for party/clubbing nights where I require a heavy coverage with all the dancing and sweating. Cant risk pictures on facebook with my makeup melting = patchy skin ( makeup FAUX PAS! ). Haha.

However, I went to a house party one night and from the pictures, my face & neck looked white (flash lighting) as opposed to my body. I was HORRIFIED to see those pictures. I looked SO pasty! So I tested my foundation in natural lighting, and it was abit too light for my skin color :(:(

NOTE: The beauty advisor tested out this foundation at the counter under yellow lighting and it looks so fantabulous.

Tips I think are important:


1. Try the foundation, walk out of the mall and check it out under natural lighting. Even though you may think you look stupid ( especially if its the wrong shade)

I totally regretted not checking it in natural lighting after she applied it on me ( boo hoo). I was blinded by the flawlessness(under yellow lighting) that I immediately bought it on the spot. ( impulsive i know ).

I should have taken a shade or two darker than what she recommended under the yellow lighting. It was a pricy mistake as Im now left with a foundation that I cant use.

2. I would recommend you go to a beauty counter where they use white lighting ( ie. Jusco One Utama ) so that it would be easier. BUt still go out and check it in natural lighting. Cause if the foundation looks good under natural lighting, it would look good under yellow lighting too.  There is no need to feel shy to tell the beauty advisor that you want to walk around with it first. After all you are making a purchase for something that should complement your skin ( no matter what the price is ).

3. Also, it is best if you apply the foundation (tester) on your own. And use your own loose powder to set the foundation. This is because, you want to recreate a flawless look on your own, at home where there arent any beauty advisor to help you. So you would know how to work with the product you want to buy, with your own skill. Or you can watch the beauty advisor apply foundation on your face and perhaps opt to use your own loose powder.

Pros:

  1. Gave me a FLAWLESS face.
  2. Coverage was true to the description, it lasted almost 8 hours without melting although my skin was oily and so i needed to blot the shine after 4 hours.
  3. I am in LOVE with it
  4. I thought the price was worth it.

Cons:


  1. I thought the screw top bottle was kinda unhygenic because I have to pour out the foundation everytime I needed it, exposing it to the air thus inviting bacteria/germs, also possibly drying it out faster.
  2. Because the coverage was heavy, the foundation was thick and velvety, making me use alot for my skin and face = finish faster.
  3. Apart from my mistake, the coverage for this foundation is AWESOME. I would love to repurchase this product ( and get the right shade of course haha ).

Retails at RM125/30ml at Estee Lauder counters.

No comments: