Sunday, September 20, 2009

Review : ELF Candy Shop Lip Gloss

I recently bought a whole lotta goodies from the elf website (http://www.eyeslipsface.com) for myself and my sisters. Its a brand in the US that sells really affordable makeup at only USD1 onwards. Yes! For only ONE buck! Anyway, after shipping fees + taxes, I manage to get 6 items for RM50, that's less than RM10 each (RM8.34 to be exact).

elf_cosmetics_Lip_gloss_tins
One of the things which we bought was the Candy Shop Lip Tins.  The best thing I love about this lip gloss is the size. Measuring around 1 inch x 2 inches, its so compact that you can easily put it into your handbag, purse and even jeans pocket. The top slides sideways revealing the gloss inside which you can then apply using your fingers or a brush. Below is how the Lip Tins look like compared to a 20 cent coin. As you can see, its full of gloss which will probably last for a long time.
According to the website, "Got a sweet tooth? With double the amount of gloss you can enjoy the candy without the cavity! A modern twist to an old favorite, the unique ultra durable sliding lip tin holds your favorite lip gloss in 7 deliciously juicy flavors to choose from. Coconut Crazed, Frosting Fanatic, Mocha Maniac, Berry Pop, Melon Mayhem, Cherry Bomb and Candy Fix. "

elf_cosmetics_Lip_gloss_tins21

I got the Berry Pop and the Cherry Bomb so I'll review them only. The Cherry bomb has a chocolaty cherry smell which is sweet but not too pungent. The colour is also a very nice red that when swiped on the lips almost looks like a lip tint, but with that glossy look. Berry pop is a purplish tinted gloss with small glitters that sparkle and brighten up your lips. It smells like grapes.
First the CONS. Some might find the smell a bit too sweet. Besides that, the lip glosses are applied using fingers (or a brush) meaning its less hygienic than the tube types. The isn't much moisturizing properties in this one, so don't expect it to be a lip balm + gloss.
Next, the PROS. These Lip Glosses aren't those types that are are thick and sticky - which I absolutely hate because it feels like you slathered on a really thick glue on your lips. A big No No for me. I apply the gloss using my fingers, which personally I find is very convenient (I apply most of my makeup using my fingers). The bf also liked the smell. Very nice he said. So big plus.

So, all in all, I'm really happy with this lip gloss. And for the price of only RM8+ you get a gloss that will last you a long time.Now if only they would add a mirror to the back part of the sliding cover then I'd die happy. 

BEAUTY-O-METER:
  • Packaging : 4/5
  • Smell : 4/5
  • Functionality : 4/5
  • Boy Meter : 5/5

1 comment:

Sherry said...

nice :) not try before.. as not finished others