Tuesday, August 23, 2011

LUSH Sweet Lips Scrub


Guest writer G

LUSH usually places their lip products on the cashier counter. I suppose it’s a marketing gimmick to tempt you to just pick one up and include in with your other LUSH goodies. Well, it worked because that was exactly what I did! I was just looking at the lip scrub and smelling it while the LUSH assistant was processing my goodies.

The one I picked up was the vanilla & chocolate one and it smells heavenly! I was busy weighing out the option of putting it back or picking one up for myself, when the sales assistant said “You can just scrub your lips and then lick it up because it’s edible!”. That was the tipping point for me because, (1) that sounded so cool/easy and (2) this would be fun to show the bf that my lips are irresistible! (haha). So I bought it and was happy.

Right: LUSH Sweet Lips Scrub
"
"Our fabulous lip scrubs are here to keep your kissers sweet. Sweet Lips is the lip scrub for chocolate fanatics. It smells like a bar of creamy milk chocolate. Vanilla extract keeps your lips moist, castor sugar gently exfoliates, and the rich, deep fragrance of cocoa absolute gives this an irresistible touch. Rub it over your lips when they're feeling the need for some sugar."


The scrub: It does scrub and exfoliate the lips well I must say and the sugar melts a little into your lips as you’re scrubbing it in a circular motion. I licked it a little and well it tastes like sugary chocolate. But after I licked it, it dawned on me that I could be eating up my dead skin / lip bits if I licked my lips after using the scrub! (Eek!). So no more licking my lips after using the scrub = totally defeated the whole purpose of me getting excited about this product!

Pro: Nice smelling and nice tasting; does what it is supposed to

Cons: Not worth the cash; when you put it on, you must do it over a sink because it gets all over the place once you start scrubbing

Overall, it’s just a sugar scrub that tastes and smells like chocolate and vanilla. There is nothing much to shout about this product. Infact, I think it would be cheaper for you to DIY at home with sugar and honey OR just by using a soft toothbrush and rub your lips in a soft circular motion. Judging by the length of this post, it is apparent that I will not repurchase ever again. Infact, I have only used it once and now its stashed somewhere.

It is priced at GBP4.75/0.25g (now I am wondering how did I buy this thing when I could have gotten a tub of Magnaminty for the same price!! ARGH) available at LUSH's website.

Or one of the Lowyat.net LUSH / USA sprees.


No comments: